- Ford Explorer to appear in return of acclaimed sci-fi drama “The X-Files” on Sunday
- Ford Explorer Platinum will carry FBI Agent Dana Scully throughout the highly anticipated six-episode series
- Explorer appearance continues longtime relationship between Ford Motor Company and one of television’s most influential dramas
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 22, 2016 – Ford Explorer fans should be on the lookout for more than a UFO sighting when the acclaimed pop culture phenomenon “The X-Files” returns to television Sunday. A Ford Explorer Platinum will carry FBI Agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) throughout the highly anticipated six-episode series.
“The X-Files” is scheduled to air at approximately 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST on FOX, immediately following the NFC Championship game.
“Pairing the vehicle that set the bar for SUVs with the show that set the standard for sci-fi television is a great relationship,” said Ginger Kasanic, Ford marketing manager, SUVs and technology. “To be a part of an iconic television show that is so technology-centric is a perfect fit for Explorer – a vehicle loaded with driver-assist technology.”
Ford Explorer Platinum will be integrated into a scene from the second night of the show’s two-part premiere, slated to air at 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST Monday.
Along with the appearance of Explorer, an Escape, Mustang and black Taurus will be featured throughout the season as well, continuing Ford Motor Company’s long history with “The X-Files.” Ford vehicles were featured when the show debuted in 1993, with Agent Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) notably referring to his Ford Taurus as “a good American car.”
About Ford Explorer Platinum
- Ford Explorer is the best-selling SUV in the United States for 25 years
- Since introduced as an all-new model for 2011, Explorer has achieved four consecutive years of sales increases in the United States
- Ford Explorer Platinum debuted last fall with amenities that include a leather-wrapped interior, industry-exclusive 500-watt Sony® Audio System, and smart technology such as enhanced active park assist, a lane-keeping system and rain-sensing wipers