- Auto Start-Stop to be standard across 100 percent of EcoBoost®-equipped 2017 Ford F-150 lineup, including all-new F-150 Raptor; technology could represent more than 60 percent of truck’s sales
- F-150 Auto Start-Stop technology is specially tuned for truck customers, shutting off the engine when the vehicle is at a stop – except when towing or in four-wheel-drive mode
- With best-in-class towing, payload and EPA-estimated gas mileage for 2016, F-150 continues to change the game in capability and fuel efficiency
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 21, 2016 – Ford, America’s truck leader, continues to set the pace of innovation among full-size trucks with the expansion of Auto Start-Stop technology across the entire lineup of EcoBoost®-equipped 2017 F-150 pickups.
The 2016 F-150 with 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine comes standard with Auto Start-Stop. That offering continues for 2017, with the addition of the technology as standard equipment for all 3.5-liter EcoBoost engines including the all-new high-output version for F-150 Raptor.
At the rate EcoBoost is growing, fuel-saving Auto Start-Stop could represent more than 60 percent of the truck lineup – giving F-150 the highest number of Ford nameplates offering standard Auto Start-Stop technology.
“EcoBoost already powers F-150’s best-in-class towing,” said Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Now, with every EcoBoost-equipped F-150 mildly electrified with standard Auto Start-Stop technology, customers’ fuel efficiency is expected to improve as well.”
Specially tuned for truck customers, Auto Start-Stop shuts off the engine when the vehicle is at a stop – except when towing or in four-wheel-drive mode – to give drivers power on demand when they need it most. When the brake is released, the engine restarts quickly.
Auto Start-Stop for F-150 benefits from Ford’s hybrid electric vehicle expertise, helping ensure smooth and refined engine restarts.
Actual fuel savings vary depending on driving patterns. The technology also contributes to a reduction in CO2 emissions due to decreased idle times.
The following Ford vehicles are available with Auto Start-Stop:
- Focus 1.0-liter EcoBoost
- Fusion 1.5-liter EcoBoost
- Edge 2.0-liter twin-scroll EcoBoost
- 2017 Escape 1.5-liter EcoBoost, 2.0-liter twin-scroll EcoBoost
- F-150 2.7-liter EcoBoost; 2017 F-150 2.7-liter EcoBoost, 3.5-liter EcoBoost, high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost